64 THE ADVOCATE
VOL. 78 PART 1 JANUARY 2020
CLEBC WELCOMES NEW BOARD MEMBERS
We are pleased to welcome five new CLEBC board directors beginning September
1, 2019. Several are current CLEBC contributors, and we greatly
appreciate their continued support in this new capacity.
• Dr. Cristie Ford is Associate Dean, Research and the Legal Profession,
and a professor of law at the Allard School of Law at UBC. Her research
focuses on regulatory theory as it relates to international, U.S. and
Canadian financial and securities regulation.
• Scott Morishita is associate counsel at Rice Harbut Elliott LLP. He is an
elected member of the CBABC Provincial Council and was recently
appointed to the CBABC Access to Justice Committee. He is on the
board of RainCity Housing and Support Society and has volunteered
with the Lawyers Assistance Program of BC for over ten years.
• Mary-Jane Wilson practises in the areas of wills, estates, estate planning
and real estate law at Wilson Rasmussen LLP. She has mentored
young women lawyers as part of the formal mentoring program of the
CBABC Women Lawyers Forum.
• Greg Palm is a senior litigation lawyer at Hamilton Duncan. He is an
active member of the CBABC where he is a two-term member of the
Provincial Council, the current chair of the Professional Issues Committee,
a member of the Finance and Audit Committee and a member
of the BarTalk editorial board.
• Amanda Krishan is a co-founder of VK Law Corporation, which provides
legal services to those in Kimberley and the East Kootenays. Her
practice focuses on immigration law and wills and estates.