258 THE ADVOCATE
VOL. 77 PART 2 MARCH 2019
Supreme Court of British Columbia
Title: Emergency After-Hours Applications in Vancouver—Civil and Family
Effective: 30 May 2018
This notice applies to emergency after-hours applications at the Vancouver
Law Courts in civil and family matters.
Types of Emergency Applications
1. Emergency after-hours civil and family applications include:
b. restraining orders
c. matters that must be dealt with on an urgent basis.
On-call Deputy District Registrar
2. Vancouver Law Courts provides an on-call Deputy District Registrar for
emergency after-hours civil and family applications:
a. on business days, from 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
b. on weekends and holidays, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
3. The on-call Deputy District Registrar may be contacted on business
a. from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at 604-660-2849
b. from 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., at 604-833-4642.
4. If the on-call Deputy District Registrar is not immediately available,
leave a detailed message including:
a. a phone number, and
b. the reason for the emergency application.
The message will be returned within ½ hour.
5. Provide as much notice as possible of any emergency after-hours civil
or family application as arrangements must be made with a judge or