932 THE ADVOCATE
VOL. 76 PART 6 NOVEMBER 2018
ciates. Trump described this as “an incredible offer”. Both seemed to miss
the fact that Browder is no longer a U.S. citizen.
As Browder has grimly stated on several occasions: “If I get assassinated
everyone will know who did it.”5
In a subsequent article I will examine the events leading to the Canadian
Magnitsky legislation, with a specific overview of the statute itself and how
it fits within Canada’s sanctions regime.
1. Online: <www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6ljV-WfRw>.
2. Online: <www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZB3YoAv
Ero>; <www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWhlPq Vddc>;
3. Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and
Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of
2012, 126 Stat 1496.
4. See Letter from James Tate to Dmitri Medvedev, President
of the Russian Federation, and Others, “Assassination
of Stanislav Markelov, Lawyer and Anastasia
Baburova, Journalist” (20 January 2009), online:
Lawyers’ Rights Watch Canada <http://www.
5. Holly Ellyatt, “Hedge Fund Manager Browder: If I
Get Assassinated …”, CNBC (14 June 2013), online:
Practice Restricted To WCB
Sec. 257 Determinations, Opinions and Court Applications on referral
______________________ 778-426-4455 ______________________
• Claims and appeals • Vice Chair at Review Board for 6 years • More than 25 years personal injury litigation
Vahan A. Ishkanian
Barrister & Solicitor
• Cell 250-508-6336 • Fax: 250-544-0728 • E-mail: email@example.com