552 THE ADVOCATE
VOL. 76 PART 4 JULY 2018
1. Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage: The Seven
Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success
and Performance at Work (New York, NY: Crown
2. Ibid at 3.
3. Kennon M Sheldon & Sonja Lyubomirsky, “Is It Possible
to Become Happier? (And if So, How?)” (2007)
1:1 Social and Personality Psychology Compass
4. Achor, supra note 1 at 51–54, 100–02.
5. Action for Happiness, Great Dream: Ten Keys to
Happier Living, online: <www.actionforhappiness.
6. Achor, supra note 1 at 58.
7. Annie McKee, Being Happy at Work Matters: The
Power of Purpose, Hope, and Friendships (Boston:
Harvard Business Review Press, 2017).
8. Lawrence A Krieger & Kennon M Sheldon, “What
Makes Lawyers Happy?: A Data-Driven Prescription
to Redefine Professional Success” (2015) 83:2 Geo
Wash L Rev 554.
9. Nancy Levit, “Lawyers Suing Law Firms: The Limits on
Attorney Employment Discrimination Claims and the
Prospects for Creating Happy Lawyers” (2011) 73:1
U Pitt L Rev 65.
10. Ibid at 102.
The Lawyers Assistance Program is an independent organization of members of the legal community (lawyers, judges, families
and support staff). We provide peer support and referral services to help people deal with personal problems, including
alcohol and drug dependence, stress, anxiety and depression. We are volunteers and staff committed to providing confidential,
compassionate and knowledgeable outreach, support and education. We seek to foster collegiality among our peers
and to promote health and well-being in our community. You can reach LAP by telephone at 604-685-2171, toll-free at 1-
888-685-2171 or via the LAP website: <www.lapbc.com>.
ADVICE & SUPPORT
Compassion. Support. Education. All provided in the strictest of
confidence. Every call we receive is treated as confidential.
WE CAN HELP 1-888-685-2171